For some reason no matter how much we eat for lunch on Christmas day we are still hungry in the evening and searching for nibbles.
Most of the time we tuck into turkey sandwiches and cold potatoes but there are a few things which are far tastier and a lot easier to knock up.
Turkey tray bake, ready in 10 minutes, serves 4
Shopping list; turkey, sprouts, carrots, parsnips, eggs, olive oil, salt and pepper
- Pre-heat oven to gas mark 5.
- Chop 150g sprouts, carrots, parsnips and turkey small and place on a tray.
- Cover the tray with olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Crack two eggs on top of the tray and cook for 10 minutes.
Where to buy; ASDA £23.94 | Tesco £22.41 | Sainsbury’s £24.10 | Average tray price £1.29
Frittata, ready in 15 minutes, serves 4
Shopping list; turkey, sprouts, carrots, parnsips, eggs, olive oil, roast potatoes, salt, pepper and milk
- Chop 150g turkey, 50g sprouts, carrots and parsnips and 75g potatoes into small cubes.
- In a bowl crack three eggs and whisk with a fork, mix in all chopped ingredients, salt, pepper and 50ml milk.
- Pour olive oil in the pan and warm, then pour in the egg mixture and cook for 5 minutes.
- Place the pan under the grill for a further 5 minutes.
Where to buy; ASDA £26.08 | Tesco £23.80 | Sainsbury’s £26.60 | Average frittata price £1.14
Turkey sausage rolls, ready in 15 minutes, makes 8
Shopping list; turkey, stuffing, whole grain thins, cranberry sauce, egg, salt and pepper.
- Pre-heat oven to gas mark 5
- Half 4 thins and gently roll out each part.
- In a bowl mix 50g shredded turkey and 75g stuffing in a bowl to a soft consistency.
- Cover the thin in 1/2 tsp cranberry sauce and lay part of the mixture on the edge and roll up.
- Crack 1 egg in a bowl and mix, using a brush egg wash the rolls and cook for 10 minutes.
Where to buy; ASDA £27.65 | Tesco £27.06 | Sainsbury’s £29.35 | Average price 8 sausage rolls £2.63